Rest, Revive & Restore on our Weekend Yoga & Meditation Retreat with experienced teachers Helen Bishop and Jessica Livingstone
Calling on 30 years of experience between us, we’ve designed this weekend retreat to offer you that precious time to downshift, rebalance and restore body and mind. You will be guided through a range of yogic practices, some more active, others very relaxed and inwardly focussed, combined with a mixture of guided meditations, restorative and mindfulness tools and breathing practises – oh and lots of laughing! The aim is for you to return refreshed, revived and more connected with your true self (suitable for all levels).
Built in the 1920s, Florence House is a unique, nurturing and popular retreat venue. Set on Seaford Head, in the wilds of the Sussex Downs, it’s also close to the sea with beautiful interiors and abundant gardens. Sitting within 6 acres of grounds, the house is completely free from the noise of urban life – a perfect spot for re-connecting with the natural world. The owners of the house are known for their chefs’ delicious and creative home cooking, using locally sourced, or homegrown, produce where possible. Every aspect of your stay here is lovingly designed to nourish you physically and emotionally.
The peaceful walled garden offers the perfect place for quiet meditation or inner reflection. A coastal path leads from the house into the Seven Sisters Country Park and unspoilt beaches are only a short distance away making the location perfect for a multitude of stunning coastal walks. There’s also a Yurt we can use for meditation if we choose.
Inside, the oak-panelled library, dining room, comfortable lounge with a wood-burning stove and charming rooms give this historical house an elegant yet relaxed ambience.
Twins, doubles, triples and single rooms are available, each one unique and offering a slightly different theme. They are simply designed, retreat style, which is in keeping with a clutter-free mind! They offer sea views or over the rolling hills of the South Downs and/or private gardens. Some rooms have en-suites, others have shared bathrooms (please contact us, see below, for full details).
- 2 nights Accommodation (with a range of different room choices/prices to suit you)
- Full Vegetarian Catering from Friday pm to Sunday lunch (dietary requirements can be catered for – vegan, gluten free etc. or to add meat – at a supplement – please speak with us), unlimited teas/coffees, water, fresh fruit and biscuits
- Full Yoga & Meditation programme (Friday evening, Sat am & pm, Sunday am + early pm)
- Wood-burning stove as well as an outside fire
- Yurt for respite / meditation
What’s not included?
- Travel to and from the venue
- Food and beverages beyond those included above. Feel free to bring your own snacks/drinks if you wish (not necessary but at your discretion)
- Local excursions
- Participants are welcome to stay the night before or after subject to availability. Please check in advance direct to Florence House that B&B is available, at additional cost
- We can also look to organise a massage through Florence House via 2 local masseurs but this must be organised well in advance to book them & paid for separately
Take some time out and put your self care first on our nourishing retreat with – or without – friends. This weekend away from it all will give you the chance to move, breathe, meditate, walk, relax and connect – with yourself and others. Also, to sit and share delicious wholesome food with your fellow retreaters. Expect to arrive for 5pm for an afternoon cuppa / snack and leave by around 4pm on the Sunday. You will not be required to do everything – it’s up to you, this is YOUR weeke