Movement for Modern Life New Year Retreat
Let’s Meet Up, Move and Breathe Together, as Community. There is nothing more potent than the gift of new friendship, connection, laughter, great food and the gift of giving yourself time to just ‘be’.
New Year is a potent time to think about the transformation that we wish to happen for the year ahead. Coming together, in community, makes for even more potent transformation. This New Year yoga retreat weekend will be about being creative in manifesting a year full of heart-opened self-compassion.
Movement for Modern Life are so chuffed to be running their first in-person retreat since 2020. It’s such an amazing opportunity to meet and share joy with other like-minded, open hearted individuals in the community! Add to that the delicious and nourishing food and the beautiful surroundings of the cliffs of the south coast… it really is idylic!!
The MFML team will be there to support this special retreat group on a journey of transformation we will take together. In this weekend we will put aside our daily responsibilities with a chance to journey deep inwards to set ourselves up for the coming year. Receive rest, nourishment and support from a variety of gentle yoga practices (including restorative yoga, yoga nidra, hatha yoga, meditation and breathwork). Enjoy some time off to walk the beautiful coast with new friends or to just rest. Therapies will be available to completely relax and set ourselves up for the year ahead.
When we think of manifesting the transformation that we are looking for in the year ahead, it all starts with self-compassion. The transformation springing from a well-spring of a nourished and supported body and mind will be imbued with self-compassion.
About the practices on the retreat:
This retreat is suitable for all ages and all abilities, every body is welcomed. The practices will be those which encourage a sense of wholeness, self-compassion, a heart-felt softening. Yoga will be a gentle all-levels hatha yoga, with plenty of restorative yoga, yoga nidra, meditation and breathwork.
The practice of coming together in a sangha, or community, is a coming together in love and mutual support. This support is especially potent after this time of isolation, and life lived online. There is immense power in learning from each other within group discussion when there is an atmosphere of inclusivity, non-judgment, and support.
This retreat prioritises community. The power of authentic connection amongst like-minded, open-hearted individuals all supporting each other on the spiritual journey to transformation is immense. In our Sangha, supported by Lucy, Kat and all the MFML team, we shall feel motivated by each other, but relaxed.
Pricing and what’s included?
The price starts from just £487 per person and includes:
- Home-cooked, fresh (from their kitchen garden where possible), nutritious, delicious and plentiful vegetarian meals. Meals from Friday night dinner through to Sunday lunch – these meals really are a highlight!
- Tea, Coffee, fruit and biscuits and drinking water throughout the day
- 5 x 90 Minute Yoga Classes
- 2 Morning meditation sessions
- Time for getting to know each other, bracing walks by the cliffs and cosy evening discussion groups
- 2 night’s comfortable accommodation, ranging from more the cost-effective shared triple room to a luxury single en-suite.
- Florence House’s beautiful grounds to explore (and the magnificent Seaford cliffs 5 minutes walk away).
- A welcoming, friendly and inclusive community to share with and a new family for the weekend!
- A chance to meet the Movement for Modern Life team in-person!
- The opportunity to have a wonderful Osteo-Thai Massage
Additional costs include your travel to and from Florence House and Massages.
- Triple shared room (three twin beds) – £487pp (MFML subscribers) / £587.00 pp (non-subs)
- Twin shared room – £517pp (MFML subscribers) / £617 pp (non-subs)
- Twin shared ensuite room – £537pp (MFML subscribers) / £637 pp (non-subs)
- Single room: (twin bed) – £557pp (MFML subscribers) / £657 pp (non-subs)
- Single room in cottage – £577pp (MFML subscribers) / £677 pp (non-subs)
A £200 deposit is required to confirm your space. The balance will be due two months before the start of the retreat (5th November 2023).
To reserve your place please complete this form and pay the £200 deposit.
Any questions or queries – email Joanna at firstname.lastname@example.org